Sunday, May 10, 2009

Carmel Rolls




I love making healthy sugar-free/ grain-free breakfast items or desserts. That way I can have the foods I want and know that they are still healthy to my body. 
I found base for this recipe on a blog and completely made it my own. I am still working with the recipe, so any tips or comments would be fantastic!


CARMEL ROLLS

1 Large very ripe banana, mashed

6 eggs, lightly beaten

1/2 cup melted butter

2 Tbs Honey (optional)

1/2 tsp Stevita stevia

1 Tbsp. vanilla extract

1/4 cup coconut flour

1/4 cup arrowroot powder

1/4 cup almond flour

1/4 tsp. salt

 

Ingredients for topping

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1/4 tsp Stevita stevia

1/4 cup butter, softened

2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 tsp. coconut flour

 

Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tin with butter or Coconut oil.

Mix all ingredients for buns with an electric mixer. Pour into a well-greased muffin tin.

Mix all topping ingredients

 with a fork. Crumble on top.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through. Cool for about two minutes then immediately remove from muffin tin to a wire rack to finish cooling. You will have to

 scrape the topping back onto buns as you remove them, but the topping will set-up as they cool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment