Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Faux Chocolate Mouse

Here is one of my favorite treat recipes. I absolutely love chocolate and yogurt so I decided to put the recipes together to make a great sugar-free treat. One thing about the yogurt... to make this delicious and get the thick mouse consistency, you must use full-fat Greek yogurt. And the fat in the yogurt is good, healthy, digestible fat good for your cells and your body. I add a hearty spoonful of whipped cream to the top because I am in love with cream. I don't think a day goes by that I do not have cream in one way or another. I make my own whipped cream and sweeten it with a little whipped cream. I swear, nobody can tell that it wasn't made with powdered sugar. 

Here's the recipe. 

1 Cup Greek Yogurt
1/8 tsp Stevita Stevia
1/2- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Large Dollop of Whipped Cream (sweetened with stevia)
Chocolate Shavings from unsweetened chocolate or 85% Dark Chocolate

Mix the Yogurt, stevia and cocoa powder together until combined. Add the whipped cream and top with chocolate shavings. 

I use a microplane to shave my chocolate and it gets nice and fine. A perfect top to the dessert. And I love serving things on fun plates, bowls, or fancy glasses. A martini glass works just perfectly for this dessert.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment